Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration and is the author(s) own original work.
- The submission file is in a Microsoft Word 2007 or later file format, and adheres to the style sheet available for download from the Author guidelines. (Submissions not conforming to the journal's style will be rejected)
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text is 1.5-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed in the article text and clearly marked.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed, and all author details have been removed from the initial review copy.
- The article has been professionally edited and a letter from the editor will be attached to it (step 4 of submission process - Uploading Supplementary Files)
This journal is an open access journal, and the authorsÂ and journal should be properly acknowledged, when works are cited.
Authors, copyright holders, may use the publishers version for teaching purposes, in books, theses, dissertations, conferences and conference papers.Â
A copy of the authorsâ€™ publishers version may also be hosted on the following websites:
- Non-commercial personal homepage or blog.
- Institutional webpage.
- Authors Institutional Repository.
The following notice should accompany such a posting on the website: â€œThis is an electronic version of an article published in SAJHE, Volume XXX, number XXX, pages XXXâ€“XXXâ€, DOI.Â Authors should also supply a hyperlink to the original paper or indicate where the original paper (http://www.journals.ac.za/index.php/SAJHE) may be found.
Authors publishers version, affiliated with the Stellenbosch University will be automatically deposited in the University Institutional Repository SUNScholar.
Articles as a whole, may not be re-published with another journal.
The following license applies:
Attribution CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.