Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submission fees of R500 has been paid, without it, the article will not be considered for review. Please send proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org - without proof we cannot mark your submission as paid. ABSA Bank code 632005, Acc no. 4063856791, Acc name SAJHE, REF: Your Surname and Initials.
- Grammar and language editing – is the sole responsibility of the author, you hereby confirm that you have consulted with a professional language editor/consultant to check/edit your grammar and language.
- The journal takes only responsibility for the layout and reference checking of your paper – which is done by our Production Editor prior to publication of the paper.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration and is the author(s) own original work.
- The submission file is in a Microsoft Word 2007 or later file format, and adheres to the style sheet available for download from the Author guidelines. (Submissions not conforming to the journal's style will be rejected)
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text is 1.5-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed in the article text and clearly marked.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed, and all author details have been removed from the initial review copy.
- I have removed authors' Name(s) and Surname(s), ORCiD ID and affiliation(s), from the original manuscript, and submitted it as a supplementary file. (step 4 of submission process - Upload Supplementary Files)
This journal is an open access journal, and the authors and journal should be properly acknowledged, when works are cited.
Authors, copyright holders, may use the publishers version for teaching purposes, in books, theses, dissertations, conferences and conference papers.
A copy of the authors' publishers version may also be hosted on the following websites:
- Non-commercial personal homepage or blog.
- Institutional webpage.
- Authors Institutional Repository.
The following notice should accompany such a posting on the website: This is an electronic version of an article published in SAJHE, Volume XXX, number XXX, pages XXX “XXX", DOI. Authors should also supply a hyperlink to the original paper or indicate where the original paper (http://www.journals.ac.za/index.php/SAJHE) may be found.
Authors publishers version, affiliated with the Stellenbosch University will be automatically deposited in the University Institutional Repository SUNScholar.
Articles as a whole, may not be re-published with another journal.
The following license applies:
Attribution CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
South African Journal of Higher Education (SAJHE) is governed by the principles as set out in the POPIA Act, 2013.