Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
All the authors have approved the final manuscript and given permission for publication in the African Journal of Nephrology. An authorship statement, signed by all the authors, accompanies this submission and confirms that all listed authors meet authorship criteria and that no others meeting the criteria have been omitted.
The International Committee of Medical Journal Editors recommends that an author should meet all four of the following criteria:
• Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work;
• Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content;
• Final approval of the version to be published;
• Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.”
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- A statement on ethics committee or institutional review board approval (for all studies involving humans, animals or biological samples) is included at the end of the Methods section. Please do not submit any studies without ethics approval.
- There is an Acknowledgements section, if appropriate, which follows the Conclusions section and which includes details on funding sources and other contributions to the paper that do not merit authorship.
- A Conflict of interest statement has been included just before the References section.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses), for emphasis; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the AJN stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Instructions for Authors and the AJN Style Guide. For example, citations within the text are in square brackets, (e.g. [12,17-19].
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.